For a few years now, people have been able to purchase goods and services online and get them delivered to their homes or places of business. During times of crisis and pandemic, this business has grown even faster. In the upcoming year, people will increasingly order things at home and prepare their own. Most families have grown addicted to having ready-to-eat meals delivered to their homes. Wasting time shopping will not be productive. An outline of the essential aspects of a food delivery web application will be provided in this article.
Features of Food Delivery Web Application
- Push Alerts for On-Demand Food Ordering Apps.
- Programs for rewards and discounts, cashback, and loyalty.
- Providing the Delivery Person’s Contact Details.
- Real-time GPS tracking of food delivery.
- Simple Payment Methods.
- Profile Customization and Registration.s
- Integrate social media.
- Useful Search Filters.
- Order History
- Messaging within the App
- Ratings and Reviews
Top 8 successful food delivery web applications in the world
- Food Panda
Users can place online meal orders with the Food Panda app, which is accessible in 41 countries. With its main office in Berlin, the company collaborates with about 40,000 neighborhood eateries to deliver food on time. Food Panda is available both in Android and iOS.
What makes FoodPanda unique?
- Simple access to discounts and promotions.
- Easy payments.
- A number of restaurants to select from
Zomato is available in more than 10,000 locations and 24 countries worldwide. The platform’s popularity peaked in 2021 with a 39x oversubscribed initial public offering (IPO) that attracted bids from shareholders totaling USD 46 billion. Founded in 2008 as “Foodiebay,” Zomato is an online restaurant search and delivery platform. The Indian startup performed so well in its home market that Uber Eats (refer to the section below) paid $0 million for the entire Indian firm. Zomato is available both in Android and iOS.
What makes Zomato unique?
- Complete user profile.
- Simple filtering according to user preferences.
- Simple information exchange that’s similar to social networking for foodies.
- Comprehensive and user-friendly search options.
- A user-friendly knowledge base for resolving consumer issues.
- Streamlined features for ratings and reviews.
- Uber Eats
Uber Eats is accessible in 90 countries and over 10,000 cities globally. Due to their dominance of the market, many eateries are open to collaborating. This ensures that customers have several options, which generates a positive feedback cycle for expansion. Uber Eats is available both in Android and iOS.
What makes Uber Eats Unique?
- With the “Schedule Later” option, customers can postpone delivery until they’re ready to dine.
- Orders in large quantities, so that coworkers and friends may easily split the expense.
- Easy reordering, allowing consumers to quickly and easily place their favorite meal orders.
Based in Bengaluru, India, Swiggy is a highly regarded mobile application. Swiggy is a popular online food delivery app in India, having been downloaded about 1,500,000 times through the Google Play store. It is presently accessible in nearly all Indian cities. Swiggy is available both in Android and iOS.
What makes Swiggy unique?
- Using the Indian market as the primary focus.
- Users can place orders from nearby eateries with seamless GPS.
- Users can store money in their wallets and make use of that balance to pay for each transaction.
Over 200 cities are served by the food delivery business Deliveroo, which is based in London. Customers can order food from well-known restaurants and restaurants without a typical dining area with this app, which is the most popular food delivery service in Europe. Restaurants pay a commission, and users are charged according to their orders. The app is available both in Android and iOS.
What makes Deliveroo unique?
- Having access to promo codes and discounts.
- More options because it collaborates with non-traditional eateries.
- Domino’s Pizza
Domino’s is a well-known pizza delivery service with an exceptional app. You won’t find a better user experience when personalizing and ordering meals from this app than from any of the others on our list, but it delivers food only from its own restaurant only. Its app is available both on Android and iOS.
What makes Domino’s Pizza unique?
- Order tracking that displays each stage of the procedure, including order pickup, delivery, and oven preparation and delivery.
- Ability to completely personalize a meal, change orders, and change toppings.
- Clearly shown images of what customers can order.
One of the most popular food delivery apps in the world is DoorDash. It serves more than 300 cities throughout 32 markets. In an agreement with DoorDash Inc., Little Caesars Pizza, the third-biggest pizza restaurant in the world, will include delivery to its menu for the first time in its 60-year existence. DoorDash is available both on Android and iOS.
What makes DoorDash unique?
- Timely delivery.
- High level of client satisfaction.
- A clear promise to provide excellent food.
The Postmates delivery app is available for download in over 90 US cities. With the exception of handling groceries and various delivery kinds, Postmates functions similarly to many other food delivery applications. Postmates is available both on Android and iOS.
What makes Postmates unique?
- Clear, uncomplicated UI.
- Powerful global branding.
- Flexibility, enabling customers to place orders for items other than food from restaurants.
This is the ideal time to contribute to the cause by developing a food delivery web application that provides a unique solution, as the online food delivery market is expected to reach a projected $474.30 billion in volume by 2026 and increase at a rate of 8.38% annually. Since outsourcing is less expensive than hiring an internal staff, a company with years of expertise and a strong tech stack may be a good option.
Some of the greatest food delivery web application examples that are shared in
this blog will provide you with a ton of inspiration before hiring a web development service for your business.